James 1:27

Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after the orphans and widows in their distress. James 1:27

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Happy Mother's Day!


Last year, I officially celebrated my first Mother's Day in Colombia.  Although it was nice, the kids didn't understand.  They gave me pictures they had drawn, but having a mother was just too new for them.  This year was so different, and we have been blessed with very loving kids.  Although we have had lots of challenges our first year together as a family, our family bond is strong and there are lots of hugs and "I Love Yous" floating around the house everyday.  Homeschooling has been one of our biggest hurdles, for many reasons.  However, I wouldn't have the relationship I have with the kids if I hadn't!
So, this Mother's Day, Dainis took the kids to the dollar store to pick out gifts for me.  After much thought, I received a bottle of perfume and mint candy (my favorite) from Angie.  Ingrid bought me hand soap that smells likes flowers (I was out at that time), along with more chocolate candy.  Juan gave me a beautiful little purse to take to to the YMCA.  He said he didn't like the other one I was using!  He also bought me chocolate candy.  The day ended with a big bowl of chili and chocolate cake!  

No comments:

Post a Comment