James 1:27

Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after the orphans and widows in their distress. James 1:27

Saturday, July 2, 2011

An Amazing Birthday

I had a fabulous first birthday as a Mom.  The staff decorated our table with balloons and signs.  The kids made beautiful cards and Juanita (the head cook) made me pancakes, bananas, and strawberries.  We all shared it along with my traditional bowl of Trix cereal.
After a great breakfast, we headed to a mall to see a movie.  The movie "Cars 2" just came out, and the kids love Lightening McQueen.  We all had a great time, but again, everything is in Spanish!  After the movie, we headed to a restaurant called Jenno's Pizza.  It has some of the best pizza we have had in Bogota.  They have a huge slide to go on and big Play Land for the kids to play in.  They really enjoyed playing after lunch. 
Juanita made a special dinner of fajitas, and I was surprised with a huge chocolate cake.  There are a lot of families here, so it was a lot of fun.  Our agency rep came and gave me an orchid, which was very special.  The best part was saved for last.  The hotel hired a Marachi Band for me in celebration of my birthday!

2 comments:

  1. Mariachis for your birthday? That is a marvelous day!

    Everybody looks so happy. (& I love seeing some of the cards written in English ♥)

    Praying for your soon return.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like the BEST birthday EVER!!!! So glad to hear of it. I am also fervently praying for God's will in a speedy return to Arizona. I can't wait to meet your kids. :)

    ReplyDelete