James 1:27

Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after the orphans and widows in their distress. James 1:27

Monday, March 28, 2011

Our 13th Wedding Anniversary and Our Three Beautiful Children!

Dear Family and Friends,

Today is a very special day.  We are celebrating our 13th wedding anniversary, and we are so thankful God brought us together!  On our 10th anniversary, we began discussing adoption.  Our dream is coming true.

We would like to introduce you now to our three precious children, Angie, Ingrid, and Juan.  We will be adopting them in Colombia in just a few short weeks!!
 
Angie - Age 10
 
Ingrid - Age 8
 
Juan - Age 6
As we look at our children's pictures, pray over their health, safety, and happiness, we are thankful that God has given us these children to love and to raise. 

We recently saw this poem that touched our hearts, and wanted to share it now with you.  It is called KISSES IN THE WIND: The Waiting Child's Lullaby.  When we finished reading it, all we could think about is "We are coming!"

KISSES IN THE WIND: The Waiting Child's Lullaby

I hold you in my heart and touch you in my dreams.  You are here each day with me, at least that's how it seems.
I know you wonder where we are... what's taking us so long.  But remember child, I love you so and God will keep you strong.
Now go outside and feel the breeze and let it touch your skin...Because tonight, just as always, I blow you kisses in the wind.
May God hold you in His hand until I can be with you.  I promise you, my darling, I'm doing all that I can do.
Very soon, you'll have a family for real, not just pretend.  But for tonight, just as always, I blow you kisses in the wind.
May God wrap you in His arms and hold you very tight.  And let the angels bring the kisses that I send to you each night.
--- © Pamela Durkota, written for Josh

Te Amamos Angie, Ingrid, y Juan!
(We Love You Angie, Ingrid and Juan!)

7 comments:

  1. Oh! That poem made me cry!
    Your children are so beautiful. They have your smile, Lori. And Dainis -- Juan looks alot like you. He is going to love following in your footsteps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori, they are gorgeous! Anji is beautiful. Ingrid is so precious, and Juan looks all boy- so fun! I'm so excited for you guys! I think we are a week behind you. I'm fairly certain we'll be able to meet up on Bogota during our last week! Can't wait to meet you and your hijos!
    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are absolutely gorgeous! I can't wait to meet them in Bogota! We have an unconfirmed entrega date of April 18. Can't wait to hear of your date!
    Debi

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't realize you have this awesome blog. I would have enjoyed following it over the years. I'm so happy though to see that your adoption is so close and your children are so beautiful. They will so enjoy having you as parents! God continue to bless these days ahead until you are all united and beyond of course!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your children are BEAUTIFUL! What a blessing for you AND them to be brought together by God. Praying for the rest of the journey to run smoothly until you can all get back home together. (Praying after that as well as you adjust to each other!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So happy for you---family of five! There is so much to celebrate. God is good! Thanks for your beautiful blog, so that I can cheer you on from MN.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow! they are so beautiful! just thinking of you all together! prayers for safe travels and a smooth adoption process! many continued blessings!! xo ~Cori

    ReplyDelete